The Ethicon business, within the Med Tech sector, is recruiting for a Finance Director supporting its Biosurgery Business
This critical position supports the growing Biosurgery business and is committed to delivering innovative products, solutions and programs to address unmet customer and patient needs around the world. Our customers and the patients they treat are our first priority and these values are reflected in Our Credo, which guides our daily decisions and actions. Our commitment to Quality and the principles that define us in Our Credo have helped us achieve significant milestones and continues to help us deliver significant growth year after year.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Scope of Responsibilities:
This role reports to the Senior Director Ethicon/CSS Supply Chain and will provide financial and business leadership to drive both the short-and long-term strategies for the Biosurgery End to End Supply Chain business. Additionally, you will provide direct business partner support to the Biosurgery E2E SC Lead and will be a member of the Biosurgery SC Leadership team. This position is key to enhancing value within the supply chain, managing a high degree of complexity within demand/supply, ensuring quality, and making the very best decisions across a diverse network of internal and external manufacturing to support the growth agenda for Biosurgery.
Key Activities for this position include but are not limited to:
Lead a diverse team of ~20 + associates (including 3 Managers) located in 3 manufacturing sites based in Israel, China and Switzerland with dotted lines to multiple facilities and stakeholders.
• Develop, adjust, implement and maintain organizational design that supports the global Biosurgery business
• Develop functional goals and objectives
• Provide an environment for professional growth of staff which includes concrete feedback, recognition and rewards
• Provide coaching and mentoring in support of the staff’s development plan
Provide leadership to the Biosurgery SC business and commercial teams supporting $1.6B of sales and over $0.4B in COGS
• Decision making & funding prioritization
• Supply Chain related insights to drive key Strategic Initiatives and current year plans
• Lead consolidations and analysis on both a forecast and actual basis to understand main drivers of costs and highlight cost improvement opportunities.
• Partner with Ethicon to deliver Strategic imperatives
• Drive value creation through cost improvement initiatives, capital investment decisions, product portfolio and asset reconfiguration activities.
Deliver simplicity and agility for planning and reporting, drive effectiveness in the control environment
• Ensuring SOX controls and compliance standards are fully met for all processes
• Support the Senior Director in various adhoc analysis and coordination of financial requirements,
• Participate in various JJSC Finance initiatives (e.g. Credo initiatives, process improvements, etc)
• Drive increased value creation through new product launches
• Perform external and internal benchmarking to enhance value
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required; preferably with major in Accounting or Finance.
• An MBA, CPA, CMA and/or other financial certifications are strongly preferred.
• A minimum of 10 years of dynamic finance experience is required.
• Prior experience driving integration and standardization of Supply Chain activities is preferred.
• Strong cost accounting skills are preferred.
• Prior people management experiences is required.
• Previous experience representing local statutory requirements, union negotiations and/or audits is preferred.
• The ideal candidate will be able to interact effectively in an international matrix environment possessing strong communication and interpersonal skills; they will also have the ability to communicate across all cultures and levels of the organization.
• A consistent record of influencing/leading peers and business partners and interacting with Senior Management is required.
• Strong communication skills (presentations, listening, written skills) are required.
• Location possible in Israel, EMEA and US. This position will require up to 15% travel (domestic and/or international)