The Johnson & Johnson Law Department is recruiting for a Senior Manger Patent Law to provide on-site patent process support for a major R&D and technology center in Yokneam, Israel.
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of healthcare products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life.
This Senior Manager Patent Law position will primarily support the medical devices sector of Johnson & Johnson, and more specifically, its operating company Biosense Webster (Israel) Ltd. and the Cardiovascular & Specialty Solutions group CSS Advanced R&D organization (located in Yokneam, Israel). The position will report to an Assistant General Counsel – Patents (located in New Brunswick, NJ).
The successful candidate will be required to work on site at Biosense Webster (Israel) Ltd. in Yokneam.
The candidate should be able to work independently while aligned with Johnson & Johnson IP Law Department and Biosense Webster (Israel) Ltd., balance multiple job tasks, prioritize tasks well, and be comfortable and extremely proficient writing patent related technical documents.
The successful candidate will also be required to provide a full range of patent support functions, including providing significant support of the patent process, invention mining, invention disclosure preparation, technical writing, patent searching, clearance support for product development teams, assist in the management of the IP portfolio, and competitive intelligence. The Applicant will make presentations and interact with the business and IP Law Department regarding Intellectual Property related matters.
• An undergraduate degree, and more preferably an advanced degree (M.S. or higher) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mechanical Engineering or Biomedical Sciences is required.
• Admission to practice before the United States Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO), European Patent Office (EPO) or Israel Patent Office (IPO) is required.
• A minimum of five (5) years of law firm, corporate law department or R&D organization experience in the patent field, preferably as a patent attorney or patent agent.
• Experience in patent application preparation and prosecution is required.
• Experience in patent searching, patent databases and technical writing is required.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Hebrew and English (both written and oral communications) is required.
• The ability to articulate and positively engage internal partners is required.
• Capability to give well organized, thoughtful presentations to upper management is required.
• A demonstrated competency in digital technology (that includes ASICS, algorithms, software, and device interconnectivity) is required.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite.
• Ability to manage multiple projects with attention to delivering work product to satisfying tight deadlines.
• Travel up to 10% both domestically and internationally is required.
• A demonstrated background in medical devices is preferred.